After ten (10) weeks of virtual reality-assisted heart rate variability biofeedback, a female collegiate golfer experienced the following improvements in her golf performance after ten weeks of biofeedback (Lagos, et al, 2011):
- Golf score dropped from 46 strokes on 18 holes of virtual reality golf to 30 strokes
- Putting performance dropped from 15 to 14 putts
- Birdie score went from zero to one
- Par score increased from two to three
- Average driving distance increased from 170 to 184 yards
Surviving to Thriving Under Pressure
A recent study featured a 14-year-old high school golfer who scored 70 on 18 holes of golf in non-competitive situations. However, in competition, he was scoring in the 90s. After 10 sessions of heart rate variability (HRV) biofeedback:
- His average golf score during competition dropped to 76 (15 shots lower than his previous season)
- He experienced improvements in his confidence, mood, and energy
- He set his personal best record for 18 holes of golf
What is Heart Rate Variability (HRV) biofeedback?
Want to get started? Call (309) 868-2495 for your Free Consultation!